Position: COMPLIANCE OFFICER
Dept: Legal Department
Managed by: Head of the Legal Department.
The Compliance Officer oversees the Corporate Compliance, reviewing and evaluating compliance issues/concerns within the organization. The officer is to ensure the company is in compliance with the rules and regulations of regulatory agencies, that company policies and procedures are being followed, predict and manage risk.
The Compliance Officer exists:
1. As a channel of communication to receive and direct compliance issues to appropriate resources for investigation and resolution, and
2. As a final internal resource with which concerned parties may communicate after other formal channels and resources have been exhausted.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Develop, initiate, maintain, and revise policies and procedures for the general operation of the Company and its related activities to prevent illegal, unethical, or improper conduct.
2. Develop and periodically review and update Standards of Conduct to ensure continuing currency and relevance in providing guidance to management and employees.
3. Collaborates with other departments (e.g., Legal Department, Human Resource, Finance Department or other operations departments etc.) to direct compliance issues to appropriate existing channels for investigation and resolution. Cooperate and communicate with compliance Agencies, Authorities and Regulators to handle matters related to compliance.
4. Responds to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies, procedures, and Standards of Conduct by evaluating or recommending procedures to be followed. Develop and oversee a system for uniform handling of such violations.
5. Acts as a review and evaluation body to ensure that compliance Issues/concerns within the organization are being appropriately evaluated, investigated and resolved.
6. Monitor, and as necessary, coordinate compliance activities of other departments to remain aware of the status of all compliance activities and to identify trends.
7. Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerabilities and risks; develop/implement corrective action plans for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
8. Provide reports on a regular basis, and as directed or requested, to keep Head of department informed of the operation and progress of compliance efforts.
9. Ensure proper reporting of violations or potential violations to the Management as appropriate and/or required.
10. Work with the Human Resources Department and others as appropriate to develop an effective compliance training program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as on-going training for all employees and managers.
11. Perform other tasks assigned by the Board of Directors and the Head of the Departments.
12. Comply with rules of Company and Legal dept.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in Laws or Management is required (Master’s Degree is an added advantage)
Experience: A minimum of 3 years’ experience in a Telecommunications organization or Sector, to include demonstrated leadership. Familiarity with operational, financial, quality assurance, and human resource procedures and regulations is a must.
All applications should be sent to:
The deadline for this application is 15th July 2016